Hello, My name is Lucy Dawkins and I’m the owner of Be Complete Massage.
After working as a Health Care Assistant and caring for people with Mental Health problems for years, I decided to utilise my caring, empathetic and intuitive skills and do a massage course in 2012, and I have never looked back.
After completing the Level 4 Holistic Massage and Bodywork Diploma with The Bristol College Of Massage and Bodywork (BCMB) that year, my passion and fascination for the anatomy and the workings of the body grew and so I undertook and completed the Level 5 Diploma in Sports and Remedial Massage with BCMB in 2016.
I am continually learning and growing and have completed advanced training courses, attend monthly supervision sessions, and do ‘massage swaps’ with other massage therapists.
I love Yoga too and I believe it to be one of the best forms of exercise, as it not only works all of the muscles in your body but muscles are stretched at the same time too! I often incorporate my knowledge of yoga stretches and strengthening exercises into my therapy sessions.
The Sports Massage Therapist and Osteopath John Gibbons has been a big inspiration to me and I have completed some of his advanced manual therapy courses and I’ve read his books which has very much helped me to develop, learn and grow.
I have completed his ‘Pelvis, Sacroiliac Joint And Lumbar Spine Masterclass’ course, ‘The Vital Glutes And Psoas Master-Class’ and ‘The Vital Shoulder Complex Masterclass’ which were amazing.
My Qualifications, training and Experience
- I have a Level 5 Diploma in Remedial and Sports Massage
- I have a Level 4 Diploma in Holistic Massage and Bodywork
- I have a certificate in Dry Needling – Medical Acupuncture
- I have completed advanced training courses with John Gibbons, The Body Master, which are ‘The Vital Shoulder Complex Masterclass’, ‘The Vital Glutes and Psoas Master-Class’ and ‘The Pelvis, Sacroiliac Joint and The Lumbar Spine Masterclass’
- I have a OMT IASTM (Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Manipulation) certificate course with OMT Training
- I am a member of The Massage Training Institute (MTI)
I have experience working alongside Chiropractors and experience treating participants in various sporting events such as Football and Hockey.