Hello, My name is Lucy Dawkins and I’m the owner of Be Complete Massage.
After working as a Health Care Assistant and caring for people with Mental Health problems for years, I decided to utilise my caring, empathetic and intuitive skills and do a massage course in 2012, and I have never looked back.
After completing the Level 4 Holistic Massage and Bodywork Diploma with The Bristol College Of Massage and Bodywork (BCMB) that year, my passion and fascination for the anatomy and the workings of the body grew and so I undertook and completed the Level 5 Diploma in Sports and Remedial Massage with BCMB in 2016.
I am continually learning and growing and have completed many advanced training courses.
I love walking, cycling and yoga and it’s hard to find the time for any other exercise at the moment to be honest!
A few well known people inspire me; The Sports Massage Therapist and Osteopath John Gibbons is one of them and I have completed some of his advanced manual therapy courses and I’m continuously reading his books.
Danny Christie the owner of ‘Pain Posture Performance’ is another. They provide massage and manual therapy education and they have helped me to grow and develop.
My Qualifications, training and Experience
- Level 5 Diploma in Remedial and Sport Massage with ‘Bristol College Of Massage and Bodywork’
- Level 4 Diploma in Holistic Massage and Bodywork with ‘Bristol College Of Massage and Bodywork’
- Dry Needling – Medical Acupuncture with ‘OMT Training’
- Advanced courses with ‘John Gibbons, The Body Master’, which are ‘The Vital Shoulder Complex Masterclass’, ‘The Vital Glutes and Psoas Master-Class’ and ‘The Pelvis, Sacroiliac Joint and The Lumbar Spine Masterclass’
- OMT IASTM (Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Manipulation) with ‘OMT Training’
- Integrated Myofascial Therapy Structural Series Part 1, 2 and 3 with ‘Myofascial Release UK’
- Running Gait Analysis Workshop with ‘Reinge Education’
- I am a member of The Massage Training Institute (MTI)
I have experience working alongside Chiropractors and experience in treating participants in sporting events such as Football and Hockey.